A Complete Guide On How To Clean A Diamond Ring From The Comfort Of Your Home
Not only is your diamond ring likely to be one of the costliest pieces of jewellery which you possess, but it may also hold a ton of sentimental worth, hence you will probably need the right guidance on taking care of your diamond ring. Most gems are moderately simple in their upkeep as long as you realize what you’re doing—which is the place where we come in. Our guide will remove the mystery of how to clean and take care of a diamond ring and show you how to clean a diamond ring effectively. The best idea when considering how to clean a diamond ring is to do it regularly. Every diamond ring is unique with a wide range of metals and settings. It’s critical to recognize what care your ring requires before you start the cleaning procedure. Be that as it may, paying little heed to the technique utilized, the ideal approach when thinking about how to clean a diamond ring is to be delicate and persistent during the cleaning procedure. Extreme brushing or harsh fibres can extricate or harm jewels and gems. Read our step-by-step guide on how to clean a diamond ring at home for every type of metal and setting.
How To Clean A Diamond Ring ( All Types Of Diamond Rings)
1. Soap and Water:
The most ideal approach to cleaning a diamond ring, regardless of what your ring’s setting or metal type, is plain soap and water. To create the solution, get a small bowl and put warm water in it along with basic dishwashing soap. Let your ring soak for around 20 to 40 minutes depending upon how grimy it is. In the event that you have to remove a substance, for example, hairspray, cream, cosmetics, or perfume, utilize an exceptionally delicate toothbrush to eliminate any buildup. Then rinse the ring under warm running water and repeat the process if required. Utilizing chlorine or other brutal synthetic chemicals, even some affirmed gem cleaners, may harm the diamond ring. It’s imperative to wash your ring completely after cleaning so as to remove any soap buildup.
2. Non- Abrasive and Chemical-Free Solution:
It’s crucial to do your research when buying diamond jewellery cleaner/polisher. On the off chance that there are any synthetic concoctions in the solution, your precious diamond ring can become stained or lose its durability.
3. For A Diamond Ring With Silver And Gold Setting:
- Windex (Glass Cleaner) and Hydrogen Peroxide Solution:
Here’s the way to clean your diamond engagement ring with hydrogen peroxide: get a small bowl and set up a 1:1 solution of Windex (It’s available in India on Amazon and you can use any other glass cleaner as an alternative to Windex) and hydrogen peroxide. Let your precious diamond ring soak for around 10–15 minutes. The Windex will expel the everyday dirt and grime that develops and the hydrogen peroxide will kill any microscopic organisms on the ring. In the wake of soaking your diamond ring in the solution, delicately scour your ring with a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove the buildup. Wash with warm water and dry.
4. For A Diamond Ring With Only a Silver Setting:
- Vinegar and Baking Soda: In a small bowl, pour 1/2 cup of white vinegar and 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Blend the solution well so that the baking soda is completely broken down. Let your diamond ring soak in the solution for a few hours. At that point wash your ring under cold water and dry it completely with a soft fabric.
- Ketchup: Indeed, you read that correctly. On the off chance that you have a discoloured silver ring, at that point, ketchup could be your answer for recovering the sparkle. Dunk your band into a little bowl of ketchup for a couple of minutes. Utilize a delicate toothbrush to work the ketchup into the crevices, at that point wash the ring with warm water and dry it. Be certain not to leave the ketchup on your band for more than a couple of minutes.
5. For A Diamond Ring With Only Gold Setting:
- Beer: In the event that your solid gold ring is losing its radiance, have a go at pouring a smidgen of beer onto a soft fabric and scouring it tenderly over the band. Try not to rub the beer on your gemstones or diamonds, and make certain to stay away from dark ale beer. After you’ve scoured the beer onto the band, utilize a soft material or towel to dry it.
This guide on how to clean a diamond ring at home applies to natural diamond rings and lab-grown diamond rings as both are real diamonds. The only difference between lab-grown diamonds ( also known as CVD diamonds, synthetic diamonds etc) is that they are grown in labs without causing any kind of harm to our environment as opposed to mined diamonds.
Now that we have learnt how to clean a diamond ring at home, let us now discuss the ways by which we can take care of our diamond rings.
How To Care For Your Diamond Ring:
While it’s critical to realize how to clean a diamond ring carefully, it’s additionally imperative to know about the things you ought to in no way, shape or form do when cleaning a ring. The exact opposite thing you need to do is harm your ring or cause it to age prematurely.
1. Thick lotions and moisturizers can cause residue to build up in your ring:
This can cause your ring to look and feel grimy, and get stained—particularly if your band is made of white gold or platinum.
2. Your diamond rings are just like fragile objects and hence it is extremely crucial that you handle it with the utmost care:
In the event that you bang your ring onto something sufficiently hard, it could chip the band or loosen the setting. On the off chance that you realize that you are going to do something labour-intensive, it is best to remove your ring and place it in a safe spot.
3. If your ring comes with a warranty, then it is crucial that you keep up with your maintenance appointments:
Being proactive and getting your ring assessed by a gem specialist can keep any stones from dropping out and resolve any chip or fissure issues.
4. Make sure to remove your ring while cooking:
Food and different oils can get into your ring or stain your ring. Contingent upon the setting of your stone, food might be practically difficult to expel from the ring.
5. Let it skip the shower:
Try not to shower in your diamond jewellery. Put it on after showering, drying and applying moisturiser and various beautifying agents. The build-up of cosmetic agents makes it look dull and listless. What’s more, in case you’re utilizing cleansers or shampoos with strong synthetic compounds, this also can influence the sparkle of your gems. The vast majority accept that it’s alright to wear this in the shower with you, however, we would suggest you rather keep it out of the shower if you want your precious diamond jewellery to last you a lifetime,
6. Keep your diamonds separate from other jewellery:
To avoid and prevent scratches and chips, keep your precious diamond rings far away from your other gems. Keep it in its unique box, in a soft fabric-lined gems case, enveloped by delicate tissue paper or in a separate jewellery pouch. This is an extremely significant practice to take proper care of your diamond rings and jewellery.
We all know that when we decide to buy diamond jewellery online, it is a big decision and investment for us. So it’s essential to take good care of your ring, as it has a lot of monetary and sentimental value. In case you’re regularly addressing whether or not a solution or treatment is alright for cleaning your ring, help yourself out and counsel with an expert. Hope this guide on how to clean a diamond ring at home will help you in taking good care of your jewellery!